Having broken the hearts of millions when Robbie Williams quit in 1995, Take That have had first hand experience of carrying on life as a four-piece group.
Mark Owen was speaking to British radio station Magic FM when he was asked about the similarity of the two situations, and replied “Do you know what, one thing that we never did when Rob left us the first time is we never... You get caught up in your world and you forget sometimes... hopefully somebody's phoned Zayn and made sure he's alright, because it's, you know, it's difficult.”
Take That early in 2015
The production, entitled 'The Girls', will make its world premiere in Leeds in November this year.
The world premiere of Gary Barlow’s musical adaptation of the film Calendar Girls will be held in Leeds, the singer revealed.
On Sunday, the Take That lead singer revealed that the musical version of the 2003 hit film, to be called ‘The Girls’, will be held at Leeds Grand Theatre on Saturday November 14th, where it will then run until Saturday December 12th before moving base to Salford in January 2016.
Gary Barlow will be writing the lyrics for a musical version of 'Calendar Girls'
Continue reading: Gary Barlow To Turn 'Calendar Girls' Into A Musical
The actor is said to signed on to help produce the musical, which opens later this year.
‘Breaking Bad’ star and Tony award winning actor Bryan Cranston is said to have signed on as a producer for Broadway musical Finding Neverland, after saying he “cried with joy” following a preview of the show earlier this month.
Walter White has moved on to Neverland
Page Six reports that the actor has signed up to help produce the show, with a source quoted as saying “Rarely do celebrities invest in projects, so this is a big sign of [Bryan’s] faith in the show.” Cranston had seen a performance of the show early February after which he tweeted, “I saw this new musical in Boston and cried with joy... But anyone thinking of repeating that better Tread Lightly. “
Take That, Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen - Shots of a host of stars as they attend the German premiere of new British action movie 'Kingsman - The Secret Service' The premiere was held at Cinestar am Potsdamer Platz square movie theater in Berlin, Germany - Tuesday 3rd February 2015
The 43 year old singer made the statement to The Sun, following outcry over a tax avoidance scheme in which he participated.
Gary Barlow responds bullishly to questions about tax avoidance
In an interview with The Sun over the controversy which surfaced earlier this year, Barlow said: “It’s a problem. It’s something we’ve got to get to the bottom of and sort. Our fans, they want to buy our records and watch our tours. They’re not interested. We can’t talk about it and, to be honest, I don’t want to talk about it. It’s actually a private thing.”
Continue reading: Gary Barlow Says Take That Fans "Are Not Interested" In Their Finances
Take That are forging on without Jason Orange, announcing new album 'III'
Not wishing to dwell on the semi-bad publicity of having a member leave the group, trio Take That have announced a new album, titled III. Jason Orange left the group two weeks ago, though Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen have vowed to go it as a three-piece.
Out in December - and probably ending up in your Christmas stocking - III will be the band's seventh album and is described as an "out-and-out feelgood pop" album produced by Greg Kurstin (Lana Del Rey, Katy Perry), Jeff Lynne (ELO), Stuart Price (The Killers) and John Shanks. Confirming the details on Twitter, the band also unveiled the artwork - an abstract group shot of the Orange-less guys looking triumphant - and a brand new song, These Days.
Continue reading: Take That Announce Jeff Lynne-Produced New Album 'III'
Jason Orange has announced he is leaving Take That.
Take That fans might want to have their hankies at the ready- Jason Orange has announced he is leaving the band. The news comes as the band gear up to start working on their new album, with frontman Gary Barlow stating most of the material has already been written.
Jason has called time on his involvement in Take That
In a statement on the band's website, Orange thanked fans for their support over the years, and paid tribute to his bandmates. The band first formed in 1990, consisting of Gary Barlow, Robbie Williams, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald. Williams famously left the band in July 1995, with the band splitting up the following year. At the time the news devestated legions of fans across the world, with the government even setting up special phone hotlines to offer support to them.
Continue reading: Not Back For Good: Jason Orange Quits Take That
Gary Barlow has vowed to sort his finances ASAP - oh, and his band are back.
Gary Barlow has apologised for allegations that he avoided tax and pledged to settle his affairs ASAP. The singer and his Take That band-mates Howard Donald and Mark Owen - along with manager Jonathan Wild - reportedly invested £66 million in Icebreaker partnerships, presented as schemes for music industry investment.
Gary Barlow has apologised for allegations of tax avoidance
In May, a judge ruled that the initiative was a tax-avoidance scheme and HM Revenue & Customs is expected to demand repayment. In July, allegations emerged that Barlow had been avoiding taxes through an investment scheme called Liberty. Michael Caine, Katie Melua and Anne Robinson were also linked to the Leeds-based tax strategy, which allegedly sheltered $1.2 billion from tax.
As an increasing number of celebs get caught for tax avoidance, an increasing number try and get their apologies in quickly
Gabby Logan – the prominent BBC sports presenter – has admitted to avoiding tax, like Gary Barlow, by investing thousands into Icebreaker, a company that claimed to support young musicians. A recent court ruling, however, ruled that the firm was "understood by all concerned to be a tax avoidance scheme".
Gabby Logan beat an angry press mob and issued an apology quick-time
"I was advised about a business opportunity six years ago (2008) and I invested in good faith. It was explained to me as a way of funding new acts in the music industry. Because of information which came to light in 2012, I decided the investment was not right for me,” Logan explained on her website, where she posted a press release.
As Barlow faces the wrap for avoiding tax, the politicians seize their opportunity to say the 'right' thing
Tax evasion. It’s the current thing. So when Gary Barlow and his Take That cohorts were judged to have avoided a fair amount of it, it wasn’t going to take long for those seeking to gain or maintain power to have their say. First David Cameron, now Ed Miliband.
Gary Barlow is facing more than a slap on the wrist for his tax avoidance
The Labour leader told BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast: "I do not think it's right. I think it's wrong. I think people should pay their fair share of taxes . The biggest responsibility of all is not with the individual - of course individuals have responsibility - but it's on government to say we are not just going to stand idly by, we are going to do something about this."
Lily Allen doesn't like Gary Barlow's alleged tax avoidance - but did he really do anything wrong?
Lily Allen has spoken out against the Take That singer-songwriter Gary Barlow in light of allegations that he and bandmates Howard Donald and Mark Owen invested in a tax avoidance scheme. Writing on Twitter on Monday (May 12), Lily - who is currently ill with food poisoning - said: "I dedicate my next sick to to you lot. #taxdodging... Can't get through to NHSDirect , no midwives in your area? Well at least the Queen got a nice birthday party/jubilee , whatever @GaryBarlow."
Lily Allen Has Criticised for Gary Barlow
Her comments are in stark contrast to those made by Prime Minister David Cameron who told ITV's Good Morning Britain that Barlow should be allowed to keep his OBE.
Continue reading: Lily Allen Gives Gary Barlow Both Barrels Over "Tax Avoidance"
The 41 year-old singer revealed 'Let Me Go' was written about the tragic incident: “It keeps a life and a flame in the whole thing."
For the first time ever Gary Barlow opened up about a tragedy that hit his family two years ago.
In 2012 the pop star, and his wife Dawn, were expecting their fourth child together, but during the pregnancy their daughter was delivered stillborn.
Barlow opens up about this traumatic experience to his friend James Corden in a new BBC1 documentary.
Continue reading: Gary Barlow Reveals 'Le Me Go' Inspired By Stillborn Daughter Poppy
Everyone seems to know the score; They've seen it all before
As the England football team prepare for their biggest challenge yet, facing the world’s top teams in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup, some of the U.K’s biggest stars have seen football and music combine once more to cultivate the official World Cup song. It debuts on March 21st – Sport Relief night.
The Sports Relief crew gear up for an active few days in the name of charity
Katy B, former Spice Girl Emma Bunton and Pixie Lott are amongst the stars singing on the song, while footballing legends Sir Geoff Hurst, Michael Owen, Dion Dublin and Carlton Palmer all appear in the video, which is lead by Match of The Day host/former England striker Gary Lineker and former Take That star, Gary Barlow.
Continue reading: We're Here Again: England 'World Cup Song' Will Debut March 21
Gary Barlow - Gary Barlow performing a private unplugged concert to promote his latest CD 'Since I Saw You Last' live at BB RADIO radio station Funkhaus-Garage - Potsdam, Germany - Sunday 23rd February 2014
The two Take That bandmates went head-to-head in the charts this weekend, with Robbie holding out for the No. 1 spot
It was like 1997 all over again this weekend, as Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow battled it out for the Number One spot on the UK Album Chart. Much like the battles of the mid-to-late nineties, it was Robbie who came out on top again, making him the last artist to top the album chart in 2013.
The Take That guys were fighting for the top spot yet again
Robbie's new big band album, Swing Both Ways, held on to the No. 1 spot for a second week, having emerged victorious from another closely fought contest from last week. It was One Direction who Robbie managed to beat to the No. 1 spot last week, with his latest album beating Midnight Memories to the top spot by just 200 copies. This time around it was a relatively more clear contest, with Swing Both Ways outselling Gary Barlow’s latest solo effort, Since I Saw You Last, by approximately 12,000 copies.
Continue reading: Robbie Williams Keeps Gary Barlow Off The Top Spot On UK Album Chart
The broadcaster is slammed for impunity after Barlow bombardment.
The BBC have been forced to scale back plans for a 'Gary Barlow Day' set to take place on BBC Radio 2, scheduled for Wednesday 11th December. Though the singer is a judge on The X Factor for ITV, the BBC had a whole day of interviews, performances and online Q&As planned. The Take That star has also recently released his first solo album in 14 years, Since I Saw You Last, which added to concerns that the broadcaster's heavy focus could be seen as endorsement.
The BBC originally defended their plans for a day of Barlow-based entertainment, describing the planned broadcast as "no ordinary performance." The scheduled on the BBC website outlined appearances on Ken Bruce and Steve Wright's Radio 2 shows, as well as a broadcasted concert from the BBC Radio Theatre and an 'Ask Gary' online Q&A.
Continue reading: BBC Scales Back 'Gary Barlow Day' After Overexposure Criticism
The Take That star Gary Barlow is finally getting his phobia sorted out.
You basically can’t be an international pop star if you’ve got a fear of flying. It’s the ‘international bit – which is hard to achieve without being airborne. Unless you fancy getting a ferry around the world, like Dennis Bergkamp. The tour will feature some pretty sparse dates though.
Gary Barlow Has A Fear of Flying
This is something Gary Barlow knows all too well, although he must have been doing something to remedy it, as Take That weren’t exactly singing at the local pub. “I’m scared of flying – especially the take-off. I just don’t like it, and yet I have to do so much of it. I get really nervous,” he said. “Maybe it’s because I’m scared of dying.” (The Mirror)
Continue reading: Patience: Gary Barlow Trying To Overcome His Fear Of Flying
Gary Barlow and Elton John teamed up in the studio.
Gary Barlow has revealed that Elton John laid down the vocals on his new song Face to Face in just ten minutes. The X-Factor judge was left stunned when the legendary singer-songwriter agreed to team up with him for the track on his new solo album Since I Saw You Last and Elton got straight to work.
Elton John [L] and Gary Barlow [R] Recording to 'Face to Face'
"I called him and said I am going to email you this song. Literally, within an hour he was back saying let's book a studio, let's get in there and do it," Barlow told Guilty Pleasures.
Continue reading: Gary Barlow And Elton John Recorded 'Face To Face' In 10 Minutes
Will the Irish judge stay on the talent show now?
X Factor judge Louis Walsh was all but set to exit the ITV talent contest when he announced this summer that the current series would be his last, saying "I need my life back" after his ten year stint on the reality show.
Louis Walsh Reconsiders His 'X Factor' Exit.
However, the 61 year-old Irish entertainment manager has now sheepishly revealed in an interview with TV host Jonathan Ross that he hasn't had his X Factor fill just yet. Walsh was asked about his comments this summer and whether he really was leaving the show. "Well, I said I was. But I'm having so much fun this year, I might stay," he said.
Johnny Depp, Lily Cole, Chris Pine and Tom Ford are amongst those featured in McCartney's exciting new video.
A week after Sir Paul McCartney's latest solo album, New, debuted, the brand new video for track 'Queenie Eye' premieres today (October 24, 2013). However, this isn't any old music video: the former Beatle has called on a few friends to help, with stars including Gary Barlow, Alice Eve, Kate Moss, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp, James Corden and Jeremy Irons all featured.
A Little Help From My Friends: Paul McCartney Prepared To Launch New Music Video.
The song is named after and draws inspiration from a childhood game McCartney used to play in Liverpool. "Queenie eye, queenie eye, who's got the ball? It isn't in my pocket. O-U-T spells OUT!" sang a young Macca and the same lyrics are called upon for Paul's latest, upbeat track that has been described by Q Magazine as "jaw-dropping."
Date of birth
20th January, 1971
Very happy to announce that I've written the new theme song for 'The Adventures of Paddington' ! I believe it'll be… https://t.co/MjwJdeurnT
Who's got this one as their birthday month ? Let me know what your astrological sign is below ✨… https://t.co/5946ri2Fzc
This week we’ll be doing our final session at Angel studios. That’s because it’s closing. I’m very sad to report th… https://t.co/2RbyaAmO5k
It’s that time again #lookatus and here’s a cheeky shot from Australia 1995. This was a rehearsal for our first eve… https://t.co/zpLpcoEdGL
There have been so many highlights from working with @SuzukiCarsUK this year and helping them #BringTheFun ! I espe… https://t.co/RWvSMKBHoG
Go girl 👍 https://t.co/j9Xiu9ZrKX
Gorgeous xx https://t.co/Hp1Q4sQrf4
Ace xxx https://t.co/1reZqhN4Fg
Thanks 🙏 https://t.co/85woZCaEQR
Wonderful xxx https://t.co/yqqi0aYYDU
Lol 😂 https://t.co/FSJZWG4xbH
Insta live in 15MINS
Nice 👍 https://t.co/cH5j3Be01a
Here it is - loud proud and live ! Looking forward to watching this one myself !!!! Out now !! https://t.co/l3DlCRZmla
Don’t forget tomorrow night 8pm - Instagram live with .... er ..... ME !!!!