Iggy Azalea has cancelled her tour.

The 'Fancy' hitmaker only announced that she was hitting the road last month following the release of her new music, but fans have been left devastated after she pulled the plug on her North American dates on Sunday (07.10.18) night.

Taking to her Twitter account, the 28-year-old rapper said: ''Believe me - i was really excited for this tour... and im genuinely disappointed it cant happen this year. The choice was out of my hands and not my call to make. I hope i will get to see you all in person one day. I love you. (sic)''

She later added: ''All i can do is keep pushing, keep recording and keep a smile on my face,'' sparking speculation the axe was nothing to do with her.

Iggy didn't go into details about why the 'Bad Girls' tour was cancelled but it came shortly after her tour opener CupcakKe pulled out over a cash dispute.

She tweeted: ''Listen y'all, I went from getting paid 330k on this tour to 30k that's what I mean by 'change plans.

''THIS WAS NOT IGGY THAT CHANGED PLANS! It was the ones that put it together! Iggy knows I love her. I just need that bag IN FULL. (sic)''

This isn't the first time Iggy - who hasn't been on the road for four years - has run into some trouble when it comes to touring as back in 2015 she was forced to cancel her gigs after support acts Nick Jonas and Tinashe pulled out due to scheduling issues and bosses struggled to find last-minute replacements.

Iggy said: ''I began the search, and to be honest, I never found someone who was available on those dates that I thought was a good fit for the tour.''

Fans who had purchased tickets for her 'Bad Girls' tour - which was meant to run from October 27 until December 4 - can get a refund from their point of purchase.