Reports in The Sun had indicated that Conley would be leaving 'Strictly' for panto season.
The English presenter, comedian and actor found himself in the dance-off on last weekend’s edition of the BBC show, but judges elected to save him and send home Chizzy Akudola instead.
However, a report in The Sun on Thursday (October 5th) suggested that he had been talking with backstage crew about the quitting the show, apparently because he wants to prepare for the upcoming panto season, with Conley having a lucrative deal with a theatre in Milton Keynes.
Continue reading: Brian Conley Denies Reports He's About To Quit 'Strictly Come Dancing'
Kellie Bright arrives at Kevin & Karen Clifton's first night as Strictly Come Dancing professional dancers and couples perform a selection of routines from various genres at New Wimbledon Theatre, Strictly Come Dancing - London, United Kingdom - Saturday 17th June 2017
Viewers also said a fond farewell to head judge Len Goodman.
BBC sports presenter Ore Oduba and his partner Joanne Cliffton have been crowned the winners of this year’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
The couple beat fellow finalists Louise Redknapp and her partner Kevin Clifton and actor Danny Mac and his partner Oti Mabuse to lift the coveted glitterball trophy during Saturday night's grand finale.
Continue reading: Ore Oduba Wins 'Strictly Come Dancing'
The pro dancer and her husband James Jordan got hot and heavy one night before filming the BBC show.
Ola Jordan has revealed that she once dodged a potentially very embarrassing incident with Sir Bruce Forsyth backstage at ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. In her new book, Strictly Ola: My Story, which is being serialised in the Mail on Sunday, the dancer described how she and husband James Jordan once got very passionate in the dressing room, only to be nearly caught by Brucie.
Ola and James were nearly caught having sex by none other than Bruce Forsyth
Ola writes that she loved working with the TV legend, describing him as a 'genuine and lovely man'. She said that whenever you bumped into Bruce in the BBC TV Centre corridors, he’d always stop for a chat to ask how things were going, but one day she really wished he hadn’t.
Arlene was sacked from the show in 2009 in favour of Alesha Dixon.
Former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ judge Arlene Phillips could be set to make a long-awaited return to the show, to replace departing judge Len Goodman. Arlene was fired from the show in 2009 and replaced by the much younger Alesha Dixon, which at the time sparked an ageism row at the BBC.
Could Arlene Phillips make a return to ‘Strictly’
But now bosses are said to be eager for Arlene to return, as the replacement for Len Goodman who will leave after the upcoming series. A source told The Sun: “Producers have a limited pool to pick from for Len’s replacement and they know that Arlene would be a shock to the audience but they would love it."
Continue reading: Is Arlene Phillips Set To Return To 'Strictly Come Dancing'?
Forsyth had been hoping to co-host the 'Strictly' Christmas special, but has been forced to withdraw as he's recovering from surgery.
The veteran presenter, 87, underwent an operation on an abdominal aortic aneurysm in mid-November, but his doctors have decided that the filming, due to start to next week, will come too soon for Forsyth “to have made a full recovery”.
The BBC released a statement on Thursday (December 3rd) saying that “Due to the long studio hours, he is unable to host the show, but will still play a part in the production.” The episode itself will be broadcast on Christmas Day on BBC One, and regular host Claudia Winkleman will be taking over Forsyth’s presenting duties for the short special episode.
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth Pulls Out Of 'Strictly' Christmas Special
Darcey Bussell, in a recent interview, discussed her health following her hip surgery in 2014.
Darcey Bussell has opened up about her recent hip surgery and how important it is for her to keep fit. The 46-year-old retired from dancing professionally in 2007 and has been a judge on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing since 2012. Despite having retired seven years ago, Bussell is still coping with the physical strain ballet placed on her body but her recent hip resurfacing has made a huge difference to her life.
Darcey Bussell at the photocall of The Car Man in July 2015.
Continue reading: Darcey Bussell Opens Up About Her Hip Surgery: “My Body Feels Great Now”
James Jordan accused Revel Horwood of "double standards" and of appalling drunken behaviour in an extraordinary rant.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ star Ola Jordan’s husband James has launched a stinging attack on Craig Revel Horwood, one of the show’s judges, calling him “vile” and accusing him of “double standards” after he criticised his wife.
Previously, Revel Horwood had taken a few jibes at Ola Jordan’s photoshoot for her calendar, saying that the images of her “pouring milk all over herself with her legs spread” weren’t appropriate for a family show such as ‘Strictly’.
But James, a professional dancer and former resident dancer on ‘Strictly’ until 2013, hit back at 50 year old Revel Horwood’s double standards on the basis that he’s releasing a new autobiography in time for Christmas with the title ‘All Balls and Glitter: My Life’.
'Strictly Come Dancing' contestants are being denied appearances on ITV chat shows this year, claim the BBC.
More shots have been fired in the Saturday night ratings war, with the BBC accusing ITV of ‘blacklisting’ ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ from appearing on their chat shows in an attempt to bolster the ratings of ‘The X Factor’ through denial of exposure.
Celebrities taking part in the dance competition have allegedly been turned down and denied appearances on the likes of ‘Good Morning Britain’, ‘Lorraine’ and ‘Loose Women’ in order to stop them from promoting ‘The X Factor’s rival.
Peter Andre and his 'Strictly' dance partner Kristina Rihanoff
Norton claimed he wouldn't give any of the contestants "50p" if he saw them busking on the underground. Ouch!
“I haven’t watched ‘X Factor’ the past few years because it just seems so long now – it’s endless,” he said in conversation with the Radio Times. “Also, the people aren’t very good, so to all the judges’ comments of ‘I’d buy your album tomorrow’ you think, ‘You’re never having an album’. You wouldn’t throw 50p at them if they were busking in the tube. I think it’s lost its credibility.”
Ouch. Well, perhaps he should tune in again after all this time, as he seemed to have glowing praise for Radio 1’s Nick Grimshaw – who has just become one of the judges on the ITV show.
CJ de Mooi, of BBC quiz show 'Eggheads', claims that he was rejected from the show because of his request.
A regular expert on the BBC quiz show ‘Eggheads’ has claimed that he was rejected from consideration for ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ because he asked for a dance partner of the same sex.
CJ de Mooi, who is gay, says that he was overlooked in favour of BBC Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine for inclusion on the 2015 edition of ‘Strictly’ because of his request. He has also slammed the corporation for the reason it gave for turning it down, which he says amounted to: “’Strictly’ is a family show and we have chosen the traditional format of mixed-sex couples.”
'Strictly Come Dancing', presented by Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly, returning to screens last night