The upcoming shows have been renamed 'Clarkson, Hammond and May Live' since the host’s sacking.
Jeremy Clarkson has reportedly agreed to keep quiet over his recent sacking by the BBC so that the planned ‘Top Gear Live Shows’ can go ahead. Clarkson was axed as host of the long running motoring series last month after a ‘fracas’ involving one of the show’s producers.
'Top Gear' fans will be able to see Clarkson, Hammond and May reunited at the upcoming live shows.
Clarkson is said to have reached an agreement with the BBC so the now renamed live show can go ahead as planned in May. The series of live shows, which are co-owned by BBC Worldwide will start in Belfast on 22 May and not feature any ‘Top Gear’ branding or The Stig.
According to the Sunday People, the BBC feared Clarkson would use the shows to vent his anger against his former employer. A source told the newspaper, “Jeremy, James and Richard agreed to the terms put to them to let the shows go ahead in a good spirit. They were desperate not to let the fans down.”
“Part of the deal was that neither the BBC nor the Top Gear brand would be brought into disrepute. Effectively this meant gagging Jeremy from mentioning what had gone on. But he agreed to comply.”
Along with dates in the UK, the Clarkson, Hammond and May Live tour will also travel to South Africa, Australia and Norway, ending on November 29th at the O2 Arena in London.