Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen apparently had no idea that the 'Full House' revival was even a thing before the world knew on Monday.
‘Full House’ may be coming back to screens, but it was apparently news to two of the original series’ biggest stars. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen claim that the first they had heard of the revival was John Stamos making the announcement on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ earlier this week.
News broke on Monday that the fondly-remembered series would be getting a reboot under the name ‘Fuller House’, after Netflix commissioned thirteen new episodes. But in an interview with WWD on Tuesday, Ashley Olsen said that they had heard nothing prior to the actual announcement.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Ashley, who along with her twin sister Mary-Kate played young Michelle Tanner in the ABC sitcom that ran for eight seasons between 1987 and 1995, said “we just found out about it today. I guess we're going to talk to the creators and see what's happening.”
More: Dakota Fanning says she is often mistaken for an Olsen Twin
The 28 year old actresses were babies when ‘Full House’ made its debut all those years ago, but were often the cute scene-stealers as they get older and the show progressed. They left their acting careers behind some years ago and have since reinvented themselves as successful fashion designers.
‘Fuller House’ will apparently centre around the eldest Tanner child D.J. (played by Candace Cameron Bure), whose younger sister Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) moves into the family home to help her raise her three children. But there was no word as to whether the Olsens would return to play the grown-up Michelle.
When asked about whether anybody else knew about it, Ashley said “I ran into Bob [Saget, the on-screen father] the other day and we didn't even talk about it,” indicating that the plans may have moved along very quickly. “I'm going to call [Saget] and get his perspective,” she said when asked about whether a return held any appeal.
More: Celebrity fashion lines – the good, the bad and the ugly