Len Goodman announced his departure from the show after 12 years earlier this month.
Former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ judge Alesha Dixon has ruled out retuning to the show, after head judge Len Goodman leaves next year. Dixon, a former Mirrorball trophy winner, joined the ‘Strictly’ judging panel in 2009 before leaving the show for 'Britain's Got Talent’.
Alesha Dixon has ruled out a return to ‘Strictly’.
Speaking at the AOL Build UK event on Friday, Dixon said: “No I'm certainly not going back. For me it's about moving forward and actually I'm really sad that Len is leaving but I totally understand. I had a great catch up with Bruno Tonioli recently and it's a massive deal because he's been there from the start.”
Dixon added that she thinks the show shouldn't bother to replace Goodman, as it would work just as well with the three current judges, Tonioli, Craig Revel Horwood and Darcey Bussell. “I think it could work as a three - if it works with three in America, why can't it work with three in the UK, and just have Craig as head judge,” she said.
Since Goodman’s departure two of the show’s pro dancers, Anton Du Beke and Brendan Cole, are said to be battling to take the empty judge’s chair. Earlier this month a ‘Strictly’ source told The Sun: “Anton and Brendan have been with Strictly from the start and have been waiting for this opportunity.”
“Anton initially wanted to take over from Brucie when he quit as presenter. He doesn’t want to miss out on a big opportunity to join the judges. But Brendan is confident because he was a hit as a judge on the New Zealand version and thinks that was perfect grounding.”
But earlier this week Goodman gave his backing to Du Beck or former pro Karen Hardy. “It would be nice if Anton or Karen Hardy took over," he told the Kent and Sussex Courier. "Someone from the world of ballroom rather than stage or theatre dancing.”